Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pushing Through

For the past week I have been in a funky mood. It hasn't been continuous, but no the less it's there. I have been hearing lately, in bible study and on TV that we need to change our thinking and our words are very powerful. I guess like that scripture, Life and Death lies in the power of the tongue. I have been actively trying each day to push out bad thoughts and replace them with good ones or scriptures. Ummm I have to say I am half and half here, but feel as if I am making some progress, I think. Despite how I feel I have been attempting to do the following (If you want help from God you have to do your part too):

1. Smile - Even when I don't feel like it and my insides are wanting to keep frowning. I fight it! If some one is talking to me or addresses me I smile. I have to say this one is easier said then done.

2. Pray- I have to be honest sometimes I just don't feel like it and sometimes I just really don't think that it is working. Ahhhhhhh, the thing is that I know prayer works, I have seen it and experiences it, so guess what, I have no excuse not to pray, so I am relentless. Just because I don't feel like it doesn't mean I shouldn't do it. Sometimes I don't feel like eating but i know I need to.

3. Take Advice- I am stubborn, but since I have been actively seeking God this part has become a lot easier. I say " Hey Janine, don't take offense they are only trying to help." Rack in what you need, Pitch out what you don't. That is what my College Speech Professor use to always say.

4. Chill out- Do something I like that has nothing to do with anything or a project or work. Yes I notice this is how I relax. Sewing something complicated, it relaxes me. Cooking something exotic, it relaxes me. Baking something hard, it relaxes me. Looking at the stars and the moon, it relaxes me.

5. Have a good attitude- Ummmmm another issue. When things are not going well for me I tend to get a bad attitude and want to take it out on some un suspecting someone ( yeah I know totally uncool) So now I have just been helping people. The worse I feel the more I help others. ( It's been working) I have even started to keep the bad thoughts from coming out of my mouth. Now if I can just keep the bad thoughts from reoccurring in my head. ( NEXT BATTLE)

6. Emotions in Check- I have been Checking myself and making sure I don't make any decisions off of my emotions. Hey I realized how dangerous that is. So yes I have been recognizing the emotion and ( check this out) Choosing weather I am going to continue to feel like that. I Know I feel like that but I don't have to continue. I am just figuring this out. But like before it is easier said then done. So ummmmm Working progress....

7. Read my Bible- Yes, reading my bible is hard when you in a funky mood, but that is the time you need to do it. Sigh. Well when I decide to do it always gives me some peace. Yes the issues are still there but hey I can deal with them with a clear head. Words are powerful.


Well I feel like I have been rambling, but here are some of the small things that have been pushing me through.

Scripture : Isaiah 40:28-31
Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. 29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. 30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: 31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew [7] their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Song of Inspirations: Let the Lord Minister to you
We use to sing it in our collegiate choir, I understood it before but I really get it now.
I had never heard it before then but have never forgotten since then, THANKS FRAN!

2 comments:

  1. thank you for posting this song! it was right on time for sure and definantly ministered to my spirit

    482

    ReplyDelete