Monday, June 21, 2010

Homemade Oreos ...Part 1

Yeah I have a lot of blogging to catch you up on. First I got this recipe from Joy the Baker Blog and decided to to bake them this weekend. It was homemade oreos on Friday. Yum Right! But I ended up making them Twice because I made the first batch and they were awful. But the second batch came out AWESOME.



I kinda had all the ingredients at home already so I didn't have to go out and buy anything, well white chocolate
The mistakes were made here. I followed the recipe except when I put a teaspoon of baking soda instead of a 1/2 teaspoon. Yess this did mess up the batter and the cookies were awful. I think the recipe called for too much salt also.
For the most part this was an easy recipe to follow. No weird ingredients and it seem like it would only take like an hour or an hour and half to finish
This dough was like ugh to work with, it was like a fudge consistency, it was not fun it was too soft

This was tough the parchment move all over the place
Ok I am not going to go on and on about this, but I hate these things. They are biscuit cutters from walmart. They were plastic and three were in the pack when I say each cutter had a rubber band around it... it's ridiculous to try and get them free they were plastic and the rubber bands are rubber and not a good combination, we could barely get it open. Sigh I digress.
Don't be fooled they were impossible to get out of the mold.
They look Pretty
This isn't pretty. So apparently I didn't make the filling right too it was so goopy and soupy.
None the less I ate them and they were nasty, they were salty and weird tasting, Messy night yes and I was not going out like that.... to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment